OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 18-2)
· Beyond all boundary fences of the course
· Beyond any white stakes and/or white paint lines defining the boundary of the course around the clubhouse, Pro shop and car park areas.
REQUIRED RELIEF PROCEDURES
STAKED TREES –
· If a player’s ball lies on or touches such a tree or such a tree interferes with the player’s stance or area of intended swing, the player must take relief (Rule 16.1f)
ABNORMAL COURSE CONDITIONS
GROUND UNDER REPAIR –
· Any area encircled by a white line and/or the letters “GUR”. This includes the maintenance sheds in the centre of the course – marked by BLUE pegs and white line.
· All plantings are integral parts of the course – no free relief
· All roads and paths on the course, even if not artificially-surfaced, are treated as immovable obstructions from which free relief is allowed under (Rule 16.1)
· All stiles on boundary fences.
· Areas in bunkers where sand has been removed by the movement of water resulting in deep furrows through the sand. (Rule 16-1c)
ALTERNATIVE PLAY FOR A BALL LOST OR OUT-OF-BOUNDS
· For two penalty strokes, the player may take relief as follows. Determine the spot where ball went out-of-bounds or is likely to be lost. Find a point, no closer to the hole, on the nearest fairway edge (of the hole being played), and drop a ball on the fairway within 2-club lengths of that point, (see Rule 14.3)
· BUT the player may not use this option if a provisional ball has been played under penalty of stroke and distance (see Rule 18.3).
PACE OF PLAY POLICY
· In Stroke Play golf – Gross, Nett, Par, Stableford, etc. - players should play “Ready Golf” in a safe and responsible way. (Rule 5.6b)
CLEAN & PLACE (WHEN PERMITTED)
· When “Clean & Place” is permitted, a ball lying on any 'closely mown area' of the hole being played (own mown fairway) may be lifted, cleaned and placed within 15cm of where it originally lay but no closer to the hole.
· The Practice Area is located between the 1st, 6th and 18th fairways.
· Practice is also available at the Driving Nets and the Practice Putting Green
GENERAL PENALTY FOR A BREACH OF A LOCAL RULE
STROKE PLAY - TWO STROKES. MATCH PLAY – LOSS OF HOLE
RAKES TO BE LEFT IN THE BUNKERS – FLAT ON THE SAND
1 January 2019